I am inviting you to take part of this 31-Day Self-Care challenge.
You can start at any time because when it comes to your health, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual – you should make it your top priority no matter what day it is.
To break down each topic, I have listed some examples:
EMOTIONAL SELF CARE
- Learn to say “no.”
- Intentionally schedule “me time” on your calendar or planner.
- Reward yourself for completing small tasks.
- Use online tutorials to learn something new.
- Develop a relaxing evening ritual.
- Allow yourself to feel and express all of your feelings (in a safe and appropriate environment).
- Try some mindful exercises to help bring you into the present moment.
- Try some adult coloring as a form of anxiety and/or stress release.
- Remind yourself of the good stuff in life by writing a list of things you’re grateful to have.
- Take a moment to allow your feelings to be present without judging them.
- Stop being your harshest critic. Allow yourself to make mistakes
PHYSICAL SELF CARE
- Do some stretching exercises.
- Take a walk.
- Drink more water.
- Exhaust yourself physically. Do whatever helps you feel fatigued.
- Get a massage.
- Go out and spend 10 minutes under the sun.
- Go for a bike ride to nowhere in particular.
- Go hiking, camping, or backpacking and spend some time in nature.
- Go to bed early.
SOCIAL SELF CARE
- Avoid toxic people.
- Ask for help. Let people know you need some help.
- Call a trusted friend or family member and talk things out.
- Choose who you spend your time with today. Spend time with people who are enthusiastic and positive.
- Intentionally reconnect with someone you’ve lost touch with or have unresolved conflict with.
- Join a support group for people who are going through what you’re going through
- Schedule a regular date night with your significant other.
- Take a road trip with your siblings.
SPIRITUAL SELF CARE
- Make time for meditation in your day.
- Do a 10-minute body scan technique to check in with each part of your body.
- Do something nice for someone in secret.
- Donate money to a charity of your choosing.
- Help someone in some way
- Find an opportunity to use your strengths, the things that energize you, more often
There’s always time for self-care, and it starts with you.