Success Story - “Michelle”
I opened the door that April evening to a friendly face I had not seen in several years. She greeted me with a warm hug and it was like we never fell out of touch.
She was a new participant in my monthly full moon workshops and was invited by a friend. The workshop was centered around abundance and clearing blocks or beliefs that limit our ability to manifest abundance in our lives.
The rest of the group gathered and chatted. As introductions came to a close, I needed a model to demonstrate the energy clearing technique we were going to use. Michelle (as we will call her to protect her identity) immediately volunteered. Within a few moments, she had tears streaming down her face and burst out “I hate myself.” My heart sank and I could feel her pain.
She became a regular client so we could work through her pain. Here is an outline of Michelle’s behaviors and symptoms and some of the reasons she needed support, from her own words.
- Outspoken, loud, deflecting with humor, self-deprecating jokes. “I’ve always used self-deprecating humor as a defense mechanism. I still do, but not as much as I used to.”
- Poor sleep
- Anxiety and gut pain
- Feeling like too much and, at the same time, not enough; not worthy
- My hell was the constant inner dialogue telling me that I was never enough. That I was stupid and slutty, and that I’d never amount to anything. And if I ever asked for any kind of help, I’d shame myself into a deeper self-loathing and self-sabotaging destruction that I didn’t understand until I began hypnotherapy. I always had this terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach….like I hated myself and like I didn’t even wanna exist. I thought about suicide after my rape. But that would just perpetuate the painful cycle in my family and I could not have that happen. So I sat with, and faced, the pain and hate of what happened to me.”
How are you now?
- I feel so much better about myself and I actually am beginning to LOVE who I am. Even the girl who hated herself. Hypnotherapy has helped me get to the bottom of my issues and the self-love I now carry with me is indescribable. It’s helped me to understand and accept my anger as well. I no longer carry that pain and suffering.
What was it costing you:
- My sense of peace within my heart and causing me to unconsciously attract toxic people into my life.
- I coped by smoking weed all the time and drinking a lot as well. I also noticed when I began struggling with real-life situations (my mom’s diagnosis w/cancer) I turned to cocaine which just made me very physically ill. I couldn’t even function or process what was happening in a healthy way until hypnotherapy!
I tried talk therapy (psychotherapy) for 5 years. “Reportedly, hypnosis has a 93% success rate with fewer sessions than both behavioral and psychotherapy, according to research studies. This led researchers to believe that for changing habits, thought patterns, and actual behavior hypnosis was not only the most effective method but that it needed less time/sessions than other forms of therapy. (Alfred A. Barrios/1970).”
How would you describe a session with Marcie Walker?
- Marcie is a gentle guide who helped me meet and understand my best self with some spikes of intense emotions. I felt safe and supported. I always left feeling less tense and more relaxed and peaceful.
Events Michelle endured and overcome:
- At 6 years old she was molested by her dad’s girlfriend’s son who was 14/15 years old
- Emotional and physical abuse from her stepfather
- Addict parents
- Gang-raped at 18
- Emotionally and physically abused by multiple partners
- “I was diagnosed with borderline Dissociative Personality Disorder while in psychotherapy.”